It’s only when April arrives that we feel Spring has sprung. This month heralds a new cultural agenda filled with events, exhibitions, TV series and lots of other things to be excited about. Here are the 10 things that you should mark on your calendars.
1. FILM: DIOR AND I (April 10)
The highlight of this month’s Tribeca Film Festival in New York, this documentary chronicles Raf Simons’ first haute couture collection for the house of Dior.
2. CULTURE: MILAN DESIGN WEEK (April 10 -13)
Thousands of designers and interior aficionados flock to the annual Salone Del Mobile Milano for the latest in product and furniture design. This year highlights Moooi’s return to the fair (seen above).
3. TELEVISION: MAD MEN – The Final Season (April 5)
The most praised and talked about period TV series comes to an end this month on AMC. The second half of season 7, aptly titled ‘The End of An Era’, hosts the seven and final episodes.
4. SHOP: PHARRELL WILLIAMS X ADIDAS ORIGINALS “SUPERCOLOR SUPERSTAR PACK”
Pharrell Williams’ latest collaboration with Adidas Originals arrives to stores with 50 colors of our favorite Superstar model.
5. EXHIBITION: SPERRY X GRAY MALIN at COLETTE, PARIS (until April 18)
We can finally get our hands on framed posters of the globetrotting, helicopter-hopping American photographer Gray Malin. The Parisian concept store Colette will focus on his beach-themed photographs – all up for grabs starting at 270 Euros.
6. SHOP: H&M LOVES COACHELLA
The tickets to Coachella Valley’s music festival (also happening this month) might be sold out , but you can still shop the collaboration collection at H&M with looks inspired by the weed-headed pack that frequent this annual music and fashion extravaganza.
7. TELEVISION: GAME OF THRONES – SEASON 5 (April 12)
After a long wait, HBO’s most watched and highly rated fantasy series returns to screens. No spoilers, just watch.
8. EXHIBITION: WOMEN FASHION POWER designed by ZAHA HADID at The Design Museum, London (April 25)
Who else would you call when you want to design an exhibition about the most powerful women in fashion? Naturally, the most powerful woman in design and architecture.
9. FASHION: DUBAI FASHION FORWARD (April 10 – 13)
In its 5th season, the Dubai Fashion Forward hosts a refreshing lineup of the most talented designers in the Middle East and around the world.
10. GADGET: APPLE WATCH
Need we say more?